M&S Food

In numbers:

  • Over 300 owned Food stores
  • Over 400 franchised Food stores
  • 6,500 own-brand products

Sustainability commitment:

Over 90% of all the packaging we use is recyclable and we’re working with partners to develop facilities for the other 10%.

M&S is designing plastic out, replacing it with planet friendly alternatives and making sure that any plastic it does use will be ‘widely recyclable’ by 2022.

Marks & Spencer Logo
Photo by https://www.flickr.com/photos/ell-r-brown/

Key announcements:

  • March 2020 – M&S extends ‘Fill Your Own’ trial to second store, with own research suggesting over 75% of consumers are consciously trying to reduce their use of plastic packaging.
  • July 2019 – announced introduction of reusable container incentive, by offering a 25p discount per meal at fresh food-to-go counters.
  • Jan 2019 – M&S started to introduce plastic recycling bins in stores, and accounced a non-profit initiative for primary schools across the country to learn about recycling and reducing plast waste, in partnership with Wastebuster
  • Jan 2019 – M&S launches three-month trial of packaging-free fruit and veg at Tolworth store.

Recent products

Leave a Reply

On this website we use first or third-party tools that store small files (cookie) on your device. Cookies are normally used to allow the site to run properly (technical cookies), to generate navigation usage reports (statistics cookies) and to suitable advertise our services/products (profiling cookies). We can directly use technical cookies, but you have the right to choose whether or not to enable statistical and profiling cookies. Enabling these cookies, you help us to offer you a better experience. Cookie policy

On this website we use first or third-party tools that store small files (cookie) on your device. Cookies are normally used to allow the site to run properly (technical cookies), to generate navigation usage reports (statistics cookies) and to suitable advertise our services/products (profiling cookies). We can directly use technical cookies, but you have the right to choose whether or not to enable statistical and profiling cookies. Enabling these cookies, you help us to offer you a better experience. Cookie policy